Nanaimo Warehouse Operator
Buckerfield’s Nanaimo – Warehouse Operator – Starting Rate: $19.00-$20.00 / hour
Do you have a good working knowledge of farm, feed, livestock, garden and pet products?
Buckerfield’s Nanaimo is seeking to hire a Warehouse Operator to join our fast paced, growing, knowledgeable team. This is a continuous full-time position.
Long before sustainability became headline news, Buckerfield’s was a pioneer in providing home, garden, and farm products to customers who know that true value is found in quality supplies that benefit our families, our animals, and mother nature. Our staff are happy to share knowledge and help our customers with their latest projects. We’re here to take care of our customers - it just comes naturally to us. If this sounds like you, apply today!
What We Offer:
- Generous employee discount!
- Participation in an on-target sales bonus program
- Paid Vacation: 2 weeks after 1 year of employment, 3 weeks after 5 years of employment
- Training / educational / certification opportunity: Forklift Operator Certificate
- Opportunity for additional training and certification
- Overtime pay, as needed
- Stat pay
- Opportunities for advancement may arise
- Extended Health and Dental: After 6 months of FT employment, benefits include Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage, Long Term Disability, Employee and Family Assistance Program, Extended Health Care (a percentage of coverage for prescription drugs, hospital expenses, vision care, paramedical practitioners, etc.), Dental Care, and Travel Health coverage*
- 6% Employer Contribution to Group RRSP after 1 year of FT employment*
*Benefits are subject to change at any time, at the sole discretion of the Employer.
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- A great attitude and willingness to learn
- Efficient receiving, unloading, warehousing, and handling of merchandise
- Maintain a valid Forklift Operator Certificate which may be obtained with on-the-job training
- Other duties assigned by the Store Manager
- Position to be filled immediately
- 30-40 hours a week, minimum
- May require you to work weekends and statutory holidays, as scheduled by the Store Manager
Please contact Cindy Spencer at Buckerfield’s Nanaimo to apply for this position, or to request additional information.